currently in the stockroom
The aim of my art form is to connect the viewer, to reflect, enliven and re-invigorate their passion of the world around us.
Concentrating on sculptural forms and installations inspired by nature, enables me to communicate directly with the audience and at the same time enrich my own experiences.
- RMIT, Diploma of Commerce
- RMIT – Silversmithing with Tor Schwank
- National Art School – Sydney – Sculpture Faculty
- Charles Sturt University Wagga Wagga – Creative Arts Major – Silversmithing with Chris Mullins
Materials used include:
Bronze, mild steel, textiles, stainless steel, gypsum based resin, wire, Perspex acrylic, and found objects
Sculptural Journey – Exhibitions, Study, Conferences, Master classes and Mentors:
- Finalist 2019, Montalto Sculpture Prize, Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery, Victoria
- Study Tour, Venice Biennale 2017 & 2019 – Study tour with European Sculpture Network
- Biennale of Australian Art – Ballarat, Victoria 2018
- Artist Residency, September 2018 and July 2016, Sydney Art Space – Focus on the theme “Containment”, improvised assemblages
- National Art School Sydney, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013
- Welding sculptures with Paul Hopmeier and David Horton and Simon Hodgson
- Grant – Arts Council of Victoria – masterclass in metalwork using re-cycled materials.
- Benjamin Gilbert, Metal Sculptor and designer – Victoria
- Tom Bass, Sculpture School Sydney.
- Master class with Sculpture by the Sea artist Sebastian McIntyre – including design, costing commissions and installation.
- Alan SomervilleBronze Sculptor – Master Classes.
- Workshops in cold cast bronze and wax modeling
- Vince Vozzo– Stone carving workshops – Master Classes
- Christine Simpson- life modeling, portraiture, mould making in silicone rubber, fibre-glass moulds for bronzes.
- Abby Parkes– designing and casting workshops
- Sculpture By The Sea Conference, 2018, 2017 & 2016, Opera House Sydney
- Invitation Speakers including Claire Lilley (Director of Programs, Yorkshire Sculpture Park UK), Carl Aegidius (Private Collector, Denmark), Geoffrey Edwards, Dr Michael Hill (NAS)
Selected Group & Solo Exhibitions:
- Association of Sculptors Victoria – 2017, 2016 & 2015, Prize Winner 2016 & 2015
- Sculpture Society NSW – winner Crawford Casting prize, selected works in years 2016, 2015, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
- Toorak Village Sculpture Festival, 2015 & 2013, selected works
- 2015, Sculpture Studio Northern Beaches Sydney, Group Exhibition
- Gallery 577 Melbourne – group exhibitions
- Little Art Space, Milawa Victoria – solo exhibition “Come fly with me”
- Sydney Opera House, Solo – “We Love 3D” project exhibition
- Green Living Art & Sculpture Exhibition, Valhalla Wines, Wahgunyah
- Rutherglen Sculptural Trail–Stanton & Killeen Winery
- Bayside Sculpture Studio Melbourne – Theme “Illusion”
- Avalon Community Art Project – Sculpture “Destiny”
- Mosman Village Sculpture – Chamber of Commerce
Private Collections and Commissions:
- Melbourne, Sydney, Berlin and Calgary Canada.